Wednesday, September 07, 2005

she walks into the room. you're awake though you close your eyes. find comfort in the shelter of feigned sleep. communication, your enemy. conversation, your foe. eye contact, merely a symbol of a larger connection you can't make.

i was walking through a crowded street. and no one touched me. i was crying just to feel my tears kiss my cheek. i was singing out of tune because that's the way you loved me.

in these spaces, between the fear of sleep and the shelter of your delicate eyelids, the world disappears. the lights screen out. the room narrows and the breath keeps beat. to the sound of love singing out of tune. to the to and fro of our dancing smiles. to the whispering thumps of our bled-out hearts.

above your eyes and below your closed eyelids, where the lights go out and the dimensions squeeze. the world disappears and there's enough space, for you and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home